Wash and Care Instructions for your Wig or Hairpiece
- Before you begin, take your wire brush and give your wig a light brushing. Remember to brush the ends first, and then move towards the cap with short, small strokes. Never brush your wig when it is wet.
- Fill a clean sink with cool water and add 1 (one) capful of shampoo to the water. Swish the water around to create light suds.
- Place your wig into the water and gently massage it in the water thoroughly as you would fine lingerie. Inside and out, and massage the cap and its edges, for a good wash.
- Remove your wig and place it on a clean towel, while you drain your sink. Then under a stream of cool water, thoroughly rinse your wig inside and out.
- Lean over your bathtub or into your shower and shake out the excess water vigorously. Hang to dry by the tag in the back of the cap. Hang it right-side out, but upside-down. This preserves the shape, fullness, and style.
- Once the wig is dry, give it a light brushing, and watch it restore beautifully… Wigs are usually dry enough to wear in 6-7 hours. It’s that easy!
These beautiful wigs and hairpieces are made of a premium synthetic fiber knows as Kanekalon. This material holds its style and maintains its vibrant color blends, however, it does not tolerate direct heat. Do not blow dry, curl, or straighten the hair, and be careful not to expose to ovens, BBQs, etc.
For styles with body and a swept bang, always store your wig inside out, folded in half, ear to ear.
For straight styles with fixed bangs, always store your wig right-side out, folded in half, ear to ear.
Some styles may require special storage instructions.
Please refer to our simple steps on “How to Have Beautiful Hair in 60 Seconds or Less” on our website. This is designed to show everyone how to obtain the fastest, most comfortable fit possible.